Friday 8 August 2014

NOTD - Leopard Loving

NOTD - aka Nails of the Day

Ever since a young age I have been a loyal lover of leopard print. 

When I was finally old enough to pick my own outfit to wear to church (one of the biggest social events in a 4/5 year old's calendar)... Every week I went for my favourite long sleeved, velvet leopard print dress with matching tights and lace up black boots. A quality choice in my opinion. My mother was not so sure but you don't argue with a 4 year old fashionista. 

This love has continued throughout my life... I could probably make an entire outfit (underwear included) made up of leopard print items. But obviously that would be a bit of overkill so I don't. 

Anyway back to NOTD, mine today are some leopard print lovelies. 

They are actually Nail Patch Art Stickers from Sephora I bought them a while ago so I don't think you can purchase them online but I have still seen them in stores.

Leopard Print is something that if done badly can look horrendously tacky or slightly... Pat Butcher. 


BUT if done well it can be effortless and fierce. I am evidently biased but here are some of Harpars Bazaar's best celebrities in the infamous print to persuade you.


Karoline Kurkova in Emanuel Ungaro


Heidi Klum in L'Agence


Lily Aldridge in Charlotte Olympia Flats and Saint Laurent scarf


Rose Byrne in Zara

One of my most recent leopard print purchases was a gorgeous Leopard and Royal Blue scarf from Coach (Although, I bagged it in an outlet centre on sale.. so yea BARGARIN) 

Before continuing any further with this blog, I would just like to make clear to any readers that I am not a model. SHOCK HORROR I know - at barely 5ft tall I am under no illusions that modelling is a possible career option for me. And so, this blog will be filled with photos either strategically cropped to remove awkwardness or like this one... of me imitating my fav monkey emoji. 






Thats all from me for now.  

Love
Nikki
x

2 comments:

  1. I love how you took something as simple as nail art and integrated it into fashion! I love the creativity (and the gorgeous scarf as well)!
    notquitehuswifery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete