Monday 4 August 2014

Budget Buys - Zara

So as I may have mentioned... (just possibly) I spent some time in Spain this summer and one of the main things I learnt, in terms of retail, is that INDITEX pretty much owns the Spanish High street. 

INDITEX owns brands that the UK market are familiar with like Zara and Pull and Bear. But when you get to Spain and throw in Bershka, Stradivarius and Oysho, they are giants in market. 

Although I may have fallen in love a little bit lot with Stradivarius whilst in Madrid,  Zara still remains top for me. I've always viewed Zara as in the price bracket "not cheap but not expensive" however that changed when I witnessed the great REBAJAS (sales for all you non-spanish speakers) in July. 

The Spanish are notoriously passionate people... and when shopping in Zara sales, that passion turns to fury. A lot of blood, sweat and tears goes into their shopping.

However I battled nonetheless and found some great bargains, I am most excited about two dresses that I managed to bag each for less that 10 Euros! 

This number I actually saw a friend wearing and then went on the hunt for in the sale. 

I thought this channelled the Sports Luxe trend just enough for me... I'm not the biggest fan of it. 


Hidden heel trainers still make me feel slightly ill, but this trend took off in 2012 and seems to be here to stay so I bagged this baby 9.99.


Also... its white and anything white is a yes from me right now because I have a tan. A NATURAL TAN. Thank you Mr. Sunshine.



This little grey dress (again 9.99!) was quite an impulse buy, but I bought it more because I had one of those "outfit epiphanies" when I saw it. 


You know... those scenarios where you are shopping and you see something and automatically make an outfit in your head with clothes you already own?? Please someone tell me I'm not crazy alone with this?














Anyhow I seem to be needing more "professional" looking outfits lately... I must be actually growing up (eeeeekkkkkk) and so this grey woollen dress I thought would be the makings of a perfect office style outfit.





White Silk Shirt - Reiss
Gold Chain - New Look













Hope you enjoyed my excitement about sales.

Love
Nikki
x

No comments:

Post a Comment