Thursday 30 October 2014

There is only one "Workout Essential"

So this post may (possibly) be a little bit of a rant, but here we go anyway...

Recently, I have seen countless blog posts about "workout essentials"

Now, just to clarify I'm a bit of a gym junkie. Literally feel like I spend my life in the gym but.. I love the exercise endorphins (and pizza) too much to forgo a workout. Also I want to look like a goddess in a bikini which I really don't think is too much to ask for? yeah?

So, when I saw these workout essential posts I was intrigued... And in all honesty, I'm sorry but whether you have the correct lip balm or water container is the least of your worries when planning to start a workout regime. 

THE ONLY WORKOUT ESSENTIAL IS MOTIVATION


You can have the most up to date playlists, most moisturising lip balms and best muscle relaxant bath soaks but if you haven't even had the buzz to work out... They're useless. 

I'm a big fan of mind over matter, you go into the gym thinking "I'M GONNA RIP THIS PLACE TO PIECES" chances are, you will. 

So anyway, yes all the workout aids are nice... but first you gotta get yourself there and believe you an do it. Although... moisture wicking workout clothes are actually kind of a workout essential... if you don't want everyone to know quite how hard you are working... and sweating. 

ALSO NO GREY COTTON EVER. IT WILL BE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE. 

So motivation is key... (think I've made my point clear enough... just maybe) but it is always nice to have pretty gym clothes. 
Recently, I have discovered a brand that I loooooove, usually I'm a Nike gal but I stumbled across the Sweaty Betty store in Edinburgh and fell in love.






It can be quite pricey (although what quality sportswear isn't these days?!) they do a seriously good sale.

In their winter sale last year I picked up this bad boy for half price! 


I would definitely recommend you check out Sweaty Betty not just for their running clothes, but yoga and swimwear too!

But obviously my main point, by getting yourself physically out of bed and to the gym or park or wherever you're working out and well... thats half the battle over.

What are your favourite workout brands? Or helpful tips for workout motivation are always welcome over here. 

Love,
Nikki
x

4 comments:

  1. love the galactic print say would you like to follow each other dear? =) just let me know on my blog http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you! and yeses your blog is lovely! xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the sweaty betty yoga wear! My morning routine always includes a trip to the gym and I couldn't agree more that without motivation all these other gym tips that people are posting about wouldn't mean a thing.
    Motivation is the key to success :)
    xxx
    Tasmin | Grandiose Days Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so pretty, right? Fab! So glad someone else agrees! haha I love cute gym accessories but they're pointless if you can't get yourself there!
      xxx

      Delete